The months of July and August we are “dark” for the most part. We do not have our normal monthly meetings. Instead of these meetings we are meeting at Manhattan in the Desert in Palm Springs at 6:00 PM. This is a good time to just get to know each other in a setting other than Ham Radio Related events.
Come join us for some fun conversation and good food.
2665 E Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92264
The Desert R.A.T.S. club is proud to announce the updated Palm Springs Hamfest website. The Hamfest will be at the Palm Springs Air Museum. Check out the website for all the details. Click on the image to go to the website.
Members of the Desert RATS club try our best to live by this code at all times.
The Radio Amateur Is:
* CONSIDERATE…never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.
* LOYAL…offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs, and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.
* PROGRESSIVE…with knowledge abreast of science, a well-built and efficient station and knowledge above reproach.
* FRIENDLY…slow and patient operating when requested; friendly
advise and counsel to the beginner; kindly assistance, cooperation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.
* BALANCED…radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school or community.
* PATRIOTIC…station and skill always ready for service to country