Welcome to the Home of the Desert R.A.T.S.
Our January 2018 meeting will have as a guest speaker our very own Rick Fearn K6VE. Ham operators have a tendency to step on each others transmissions, doubling, causing QRM etc etc. At events like the Golden Globes, do you have any idea how many wireless mics, HTs, mobile radios etc etc are in that one building? How do they keep it all straight? Fresh from the 2018 Golden Globe Awards, Rick will give us the inside scoop.
***PAPA SYSTEMS – PALM SPRINGS QUARTERLY LUNCHEON SATURDAY 2/3/18***
American Legion Owen Coffman Post 519 11:30 AM
400 North Belardo
Palm Springs, CA 92262 MAP
All PAPA members, new hams, and any hams are especially welcomed. The meetings are open general informational Q & A sessions. Short presentations on a single topic are also planned and open to a general Q & A after the presentation. Overall, the meeting is treated as a general get-together and rag chew session. The meeting starts at 11:30 am and ends at 1:30 pm. Come and buy lunch and enjoy the meeting.
HAM GEAR FOR SALE
Here is some Ham Radio gear for same. The 2 pieces of Swan gear are mine, the rest belongs to the club and the club receives the profits.
Swan 350 80-10M HF 400w radio with power supply. (ca 1967) $250
Swan 400 80-10M HF 400w radio w/o supply. (ca 1965) Supply is available on line. $250
These are tube type radios.
Kenwood TS-440S with auto tuner, external 12v supply and external speaker. $450
This radio is in great shape and I was told it was recently professionally gone through
Icom IC-751 100w HF radio, w/supply, and Icom 2KL 500w linear amplifier w/supply $800
Dentron Super Tuner antenna tuner $75
CDE Ham III & IV antenna rotor and controller (have 3 for sale) $200 each
Plus a whole bunch of miscellaneous stuff. A home brew rotary inductor antenna tuner, CW keys, keyers, headphones. A box of microphones – some studio types, SWR meters, power watt meters.
I’ll bring the small stuff to the club meeting. Or stop by my QTH. First come, first server. Cash, check or money order. I am not going to hold anything for anyone.
Anything not sold to club members in the next few weeks will go on eBay.
call 760 770-6434 or email me at email@example.com
Members of the Desert RATS club try our best to live by this code at all times.
The Radio Amateur Is:
* CONSIDERATE…never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.
* LOYAL…offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs, and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.
* PROGRESSIVE…with knowledge abreast of science, a well-built and efficient station and knowledge above reproach.
* FRIENDLY…slow and patient operating when requested; friendly
advise and counsel to the beginner; kindly assistance, cooperation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.
* BALANCED…radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school or community.
* PATRIOTIC…station and skill always ready for service to country
Location of the Monthly Meetings
Click on the Red Teardrop icon for details.